• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Glare off dashboard of newly purchased Lexus

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kkdraper

What is the name of your state? California
In July I purchased a new 2003 ES 300 Lexus. I noticed that I was getting a blinding glare from the sun off the dash board and from the chrome on the console around the gear shift and the chrome on the steering wheel. I had to hook suction cups to the wood above the glove compartment to hold a cloth to block the glare. The glare is both to the driver and the passenger from all these areas in the car at different times of the day. The car had 2,000 miles on it and I left it parked in the garage until I could contact the GM at the dealership where I bought it. The dealer has tinted the side windows at their expense, but that doesn't handle the glare coming from the front window (which can't be tinted). They offered to buy the car back from me at a loss of $6,000 to me, but no loss to themselves. They have repeatedly told me Lexus will do nothing. I tried to complain to Lexus and they basically have said I don't have a legitimate complaint. A customer service person from Lexus called me and told me nothing could be done - that no one else has made this complaint. I don't care if anyone has complained or not, I am getting a terrible glare and my husband and friends have noticed it too. Do I have any recourse?

JETX

"Do I have any recourse?"
*** Yes. You can sell the car or keep the car.
If you mean any recourse against Lexus or the dealer, no.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">