• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Got dental procedure done, but was not explained of why

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CcVv4895

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I have my braces done at an office for about a year, and I still have one more year to go. Some time ago, I got this headache and jaw ache due to the braces. My teeth were actually crooked at the back. I called and saw the dentist at my orthodontic office. The dentist I saw wasn't my orthodontist because my orthodontist was on vacation. I got an x-ray and got some shot done. The case is all fine except I think the dentist is charging me on these procedures. He says it's a case of inflammation, but I think that is not the case because I had cleaned my teeth about two months ago, and it was fine back then. I thought the procedure was paid of by my orthodontic treatment so I didn't ask why (now looking back, that wasn't very rational of me) I got the procedures. But now he says it's inflammation, he can bill my insurance. Another thing also, he didn't explain what was wrong with me until he gave me the procedure. He didn't explain anything about charges or fines to me before giving me the treatment. I only found out what was wrong with me (he thought it was inflammation) after getting the treatment. What rights I have as a patient? Please educate me. Is there any room for argument here? Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">