• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Guarantee/Warranty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mark_fitzy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)Sydney NSW Australia?

I purchased a rebuilt marine motor from a marine motor rebuliding company(it has a 12 month guarantee)for my boat and I had it delivered to a Marine Motor Mechanic Work Shop to install.

Motor Mechanic installed motor and told me to pick the boat up as it is good to go.

I took the boat out on the water for 5mins and the engine warning alarm came on and black smoke was everywhere and then would not start.

My question who is at fault? if it is the motor rebuliding company t(hat I orginally purchased the motor from) to replace the motor who pays for the labor that I already paid the motor mechanic to install the motor orginally?

I_Got_Banned

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)Sydney NSW Australia?

I purchased a rebuilt marine motor from a marine motor rebuliding company(it has a 12 month guarantee)for my boat and I had it delivered to a Marine Motor Mechanic Work Shop to install.

Motor Mechanic installed motor and told me to pick the boat up as it is good to go.

I took the boat out on the water for 5mins and the engine warning alarm came on and black smoke was everywhere and then would not start.

My question who is at fault? if it is the motor rebuliding company t(hat I orginally purchased the motor from) to replace the motor who pays for the labor that I already paid the motor mechanic to install the motor orginally?
Only U.S. law!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">