• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Guaranteed Job??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ElBoss

New york.
I found a security job on craiglist, I come in on 5/29/12 & the CEO tells me that the I need certificates before I can get the security Job. He said the job placement is guaranteed.He said I would start work Monday after I get everything. It cost 350.I pay 175 w/my credit card.That same day he sends me to the security training & their I pay another guy 90 in cash.For 2 days we watch videos & takes a test. On the 2nd day of the training I get 2 certificates:(Sixteen hour on-the-job training & Eight hour pre-assighnment training).I come to the office to pay remaining balance & on the door it says "we are closed today, family emergency" & i called him and no one picked up.Next day its same thing. I think it’s a scam, what should i do?

justalayman

have some patience maybe?

While you are waiting to see if the guy is coming back, you might do a little research into the company. I would start with: is it a real company? Are they registered with the state as a company? Do they have the proper licensing to be a security service?

You Are Guilty

Sounds to me like there was a family emergency that the owner had to attend to.

Regardless, if the class(es) you took were the official NYS-required security licensing classes, then you are now able to apply at any of the security companies in the state (hint: there are a lot, and many are currently hiring). Don't just rely on craigslist for ads - check the rest of the internet/local newspapers/etc.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">