• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gun Laws in Kentucky

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

junekiss2002

What is the name of your state? KY

I have extensivly searched yahoo and other engines with no luck on this topic.

I have several guns that i would love to shoot in my own backyard, but i am told that there may be a law that states that i cannot do this. Do i have to be within so many feet of a neighbors house to be legal when i shoot? If i shoot and someone calls the law for disturbance of the peace and i am not licened to carry a fire arm, can the cops arrest me?

I would really appreciate some insight to this question, it's hard enough to own guns in this state and not knowing my own constitutional rights that i could have that all destroyed by being ignorant of the law.

racer72

Call your local police department. Gun laws very from town to town. If you live in an incorporated area or there are other houses nearby, you probably cannot shoot guns in your backyard. Are there any shooting ranges near you? That would be much safer and there would be no legal issues to deal with.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

racer72 said:
Call your local police department. Gun laws very from town to town. If you live in an incorporated area or there are other houses nearby, you probably cannot shoot guns in your backyard. Are there any shooting ranges near you? That would be much safer and there would be no legal issues to deal with.

My response:

Call your local Mayberry police department. Gun laws vary from town to town, and trailer park to trailer park. If you live in an incorporated area or there are other trailers besides yours nearby, you probably should shoot your guns into them.

Are there any shooting ranges near you that use pictures of trailers and "Duh Yups" that have missing teeth? That would be much safer and there would be no legal issues to deal with.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">