• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gurantee Null?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

susieq

I purchased a computer monitor from a company that has since gone under. The monitor is in need of repair and is still under warranty. I have contacted the attorney general in the state the company was, but have received no reply. Where else can I go for help with this situation. Is there anyone that regulates it? The company is based in Calif.

racer72

You will have to pay for the repairs yourself then you can attempt to collect from the manufacturer. But if the company is no longer in business, who would you sue? You could say buying anything with a warranty is a gamble if the company goes under, you bet, you lost. If it makes you feel any better, I once bought a brand new Yugo. The dealer went out of business the next day making the nearest dealer 1200 miles away, and they would not honor the warranty.

vrzirn

if you paid for the monitor with a gold master card or visa they may refund the cost of the repairs after you make them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">