• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

gym contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Courtney Willia

ga. my husband was transferred and we were unable to get out of our 2 yrs gym contract so i stopped paying the monthly amount and now they are contacting us about owing them money and saying they will turn us over to collections if we don't pay the money. i was told by a friend that they can not put a default on a gym contract on your credit report and that they can't take any action against me. is this true? also what should i do to stop the threatning letters? we reside in the state of georgia.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Your friend is wrong.

Think about it for a moment . . .

What would be the purpose of a contract if there were no penalties involved to the breaching party? You breached the contract, plain and simple.

The gym can sue you, and also report your failure to pay to all three of the major credit reporting agencies.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">