• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gym Membership

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hotkona77

State: NJ

i am having difficulty correcting billing information for my gym membership. i received a notice from the gym that my payment was past due. this seemed odd b/c my payment is automatically taken out of my checking account every month. since i did not receive any other notification either verbally or written after that and since i had been to the gym in person to workout several times after the first notice... i was shocked to find that the gym cancelled my membership. upon inquiring, i am told by the gym that they have no problem renewing the membership... but for a much higher price. the price i had been paying was very low b/c i bought out someone's lifetime membership. in the contract it states that the gym membership can not be cancelled unless i do 3 things: send written notification to the gym of my intention to cancel via certified mail 30 days prior, pay any outstanding dues, and surrender my membership card. i haven't done any of the latter, and i have been trying to correct the billing problem for the past two weeks with no luck. any ideas?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">