• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

gym membership agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

Wiedenfeld

What is the name of your state? California

I signed a contract with a gym, on this contract it states that the term begines 11/17/2001 and the term expires 11/17/2002. When November came the gym company was still taking dues out of my account. after repeated attempts to get some answers I finally reached a person this month February, and was told that my contract was renewable and that they had renewed it. If I wished to cancel I would have to pay $50 extra and that it would take 60 days to complete and that durring that time I would still have to pay monthly for the membership. On the contract it is marked one year renewable, I took that to mean that I could renew if I wished to, because also, in the box marked for when the renewal was to start there is a big zero. Plus nowhere in the membership agreement does it say that membership will be automatically renewed in fact it says nothing about renewals at all. It does however say that "all cancellations, membership changes, and miscellaneous changes will not occur unless membership account is current," and to my knowledge the membership expired 11/17/2002. Are they right or am I getting ripped off?

:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">