• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gym Membership Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SVargas

i am a 21 year old college student from new jersey. in june 1999 i entered a bally total fitness contract with an ex-friend who agreed to pay his half of the $3000 membership. i, however, signed the contract, so it is in my name...but he still agreed in front of me and three other witnesses that he would assume responsibility for half of the $46.50/month payment. Shortly after signing the contract we discontinued our friendship, and since then I have been struggling to make these payments on my own. He has relocated to florida and i do not know his address. I have struggled to pay $1800 on my own, but the remainding $1200 has been sent to a colection agency and is gaining interest and giving me bad credit. I am also slowly paying the collection agency back for fear of getting bad credi. can i take him to small claims court? There is a lot of more information, but basically i think i am entitled to the $1500 that he agreed to pay me. thank you for your time and i will be waiting for your response.

Stephanie Vargas

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">