• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gym membership without POA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

createive2

Virginia | I signed up for a gym membership. At the time, I told the manager that I was interested in my husband being a member too. The manager told me to go ahead and sign the paperwork for my husband and when my husband came in he could make it "official". I did not have POA and the manager knew that. My husband visited the gym but decided not to join. He never signed anything. My credit card was charged at the time I signed the paperwork for two months. We asked that the membership not be activated and in a sense cancelled after the two months (since nothing was signed). No further charges were made to my credit card and we assumed the matter was resolved. Then, 4 months later, we get a bill from a collection agency with a near $600 bill. I emailed the gym and they never responded. I wrote to the collection agency to dispute. My husband is now in Iraq. Is the contract I signed without POA valid? Is there anything I can do to dispute this?

justalayman

well, hopefully you now know to never sign for another person unless you have actual authorization to do so.

are you disputing all charges or just charges for your husbands membership?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">