• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

gym refusing membership

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alecian4

What is the name of your state? CT
I want to join a gym which is the same gym that my husband met and cheated on me with an employee. I found out 1 day after joining so I went in cancelled my membership and ending up speaking to the other woman although I didn't know it was her. She tried to say it was some other employee that my husband was with. Needless to say I just wanted my money back. I finally got it. I did not cause a scene when I went in, i just wanted my money back - at that point I didn't know if she was the one or not. This was back in Jan. My employer of over 300 people is offering a great deal of $30 a month to work out there. I've decided I want to join since I did nothing wrong and I want to get in shape. I have a 5 month old son that my husband obviously doesn't care about because he cheated on him to. Today I used my free pass and when I wanted to sign a contract the other woman told me that it was a "private gym" and that I'd have to talk to the mgr. I said nothing to her. Now he says I have to talk to the general mgr about joining there. All I want to do is work out there, it is convenient for me and I don't want any trouble. Can they refuse me a membership? I have done nothing wrong.

S

seniorjudge

alecian4 said:
What is the name of your state? CT
I want to join a gym which is the same gym that my husband met and cheated on me with an employee. I found out 1 day after joining so I went in cancelled my membership and ending up speaking to the other woman although I didn't know it was her. She tried to say it was some other employee that my husband was with. Needless to say I just wanted my money back. I finally got it. I did not cause a scene when I went in, i just wanted my money back - at that point I didn't know if she was the one or not. This was back in Jan. My employer of over 300 people is offering a great deal of $30 a month to work out there. I've decided I want to join since I did nothing wrong and I want to get in shape. I have a 5 month old son that my husband obviously doesn't care about because he cheated on him to. Today I used my free pass and when I wanted to sign a contract the other woman told me that it was a "private gym" and that I'd have to talk to the mgr. I said nothing to her. Now he says I have to talk to the general mgr about joining there. All I want to do is work out there, it is convenient for me and I don't want any trouble. Can they refuse me a membership? I have done nothing wrong.

Q: Can they refuse me a membership?

A: Yes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">