• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Gym Training contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chanson88

I live in Washington state and I signed up for a gym contact I am able to cancel that with a penalty however I also signed for a personal trainer and now the gym is telling me that will continue to bill me the nearly $200 every 2 weeks for the rest of the 12 month contract and the only reason they cancel is for medical. Can they do this or do they legally have to provide an opt out

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I live in Washington state and I signed up for a gym contact I am able to cancel that with a penalty however I also signed for a personal trainer and now the gym is telling me that will continue to bill me the nearly $200 every 2 weeks for the rest of the 12 month contract and the only reason they cancel is for medical. Can they do this or do they legally have to provide an opt out
It depends on the contract - review it and, if you don't understand it, ask a local attorney to review it for you.

Why are you canceling? Yes, it may matter...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">