• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Half Filled out Roofing Contract...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xytras

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

Just filled this out last week not knowing how this all works..... We didn't agree on a date the work would be done nor the style of shingle. Would I still be liable for this contract?

Any advice is much appreciated. I did edit out the name of the company and my name.

Last edited:

sandyclaus

Just filled this out last week not knowing how this all works..... We didn't agree on a date the work would be done nor the style of shingle. Would I still be liable for this contract?

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Any advice is much appreciated.
If the date the work would be done and the style of shingle were critical to your approval of the contract, then why would you sign an incomplete contract that did not address these specific issues?

The fact that these items were left blank at the time of signing indicates to me that your contract would be valid and enforceable even without them.

Any advice is much appreciated. I did edit out the name of the company and my name.
if you actually get consideration then yes. since you have no date there is no meeting of the minds on this yet so say in 2019? No, really tell them you want the work done in winter .. roofers are a crazy lot but don't have death wishes.

Or other such time related guise ... they cannot enter your property w/o your permission. And you have the right to be there when they do the work.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">