• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Has my contract been breached?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bryanandkim

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

A furniture store with whom I have been doing business with is going out of business. The furniture is being purchased layaway style, and I have put down a significant amount of money. Upon learning that the store is going out of business, I contacted the store to inquire about the warranty (limited lifetime). I was informed that the warranty will still be honored by the manufacturer. It was implied at the time of my signing the contract to purchase the goods that all warranty work will be handled through the store. Had I known at the time of paying a deposit that the store would be going out of business, I would not have conducted any business with the store. The contract I signed states that no cash refunds are offered, rather I can receive a store credit. With the store closing, and warranty work not being handled as was implied initially, what are my realistic chances of getting the money already put down on the furniture refunded?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">