• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

have 2 vehicles 1 paid off-they repoed both

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

penny17325

What is the name of your state? pa.i bought 2 vehicles from a in-house finance car lot.i paid off the 1 st one and they refused to give me the title.i was 3 payments late on the other one and they took both.it does not say anything about the 1 st vehicle being collateral for the 2 nd.they are on the same contract but 2 payments books.they never told me i won't get my title and that they would take my truck to.can they do this.and how do i get my paid off vehicle back

djohnson

If they are on the same contract how do you prove you paid for one and not the other? Is there any statment in there about payments going towards what is past due prior to go towards current payment? Without seeing your whole contract it would be hard to say.

penny17325

i have cancelled checks and seperate payment books

i payed with checks and when i paid cash it was stamped by them.it don't say anything in the contract that the truck would be used for colladoral.i only owed 1000.00 on the 2 nd

djohnson

You don't understand the question. I know in your mind it is two separate things. However since it is one contract there has to be more to it. What does the contract specifically say?

penny17325

it just says i agree to purchase the vehicles.it don't say anything about not getting my title or keeping the truck.they added my 1st vehicle to the second contract.they said it was 1 contract-2 payment books.they never said i would lose my truck

djohnson

Ok, again, without knowing what the contract says exactly and not your interpretation of it. We can't know for sure. I'm betting the contract says vehicle 1 for $$$ and vehicle 2 for $$$. Title will be held by dealer until vehicle(s) is paid in full. By combining them, they ultimately combined the note and the collateral unless your contract says something differently. Again, without you typing it out on here we can't know.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">