• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Have Car, Title, Bill of sale, refuseal to get lean release form

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

petzy

I live in Wisconsin and I have purchased a vehicle for the first time from a private seller, the deal went great untill i realized that there was a lean listed on the title, I have a signed bill of sale as well as the signed title, the only problem is I was not given a lean release form and when I asked the bank listed and the DMV about this I was told they could not give me any information about the status of the lean or get a lean release form, I then contacted the seller and I was told, "I'll get to it when I can, that is the last thing on my mind right now, I only get six days off work a year so I'll get to it when I get to it." Obviously this really agrivated me and I am wondering what I need to do, because unlike the seller this is the only thing on my mind right now, I need a vehicle so I can get to work....Anyone have any suggestions?
:(

BL

I live in Wisconsin and I have purchased a vehicle for the first time from a private seller, the deal went great untill i realized that there was a lean listed on the title, I have a signed bill of sale as well as the signed title, the only problem is I was not given a lean release form and when I asked the bank listed and the DMV about this I was told they could not give me any information about the status of the lean or get a lean release form, I then contacted the seller and I was told, "I'll get to it when I can, that is the last thing on my mind right now, I only get six days off work a year so I'll get to it when I get to it." Obviously this really agrivated me and I am wondering what I need to do, because unlike the seller this is the only thing on my mind right now, I need a vehicle so I can get to work....Anyone have any suggestions?
:(
Yes , contact the seller again and ask him if he/she would like to take a day or more off in court instead .

The seller needs the release letter from the bank . If it's paid off , the seller should already have it .

There are phones advise the seller.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">