• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Haven't paid down payment to dealership

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cookie_41

My question regarding none payment

I didn't pose my question. I went to the dealership to trade in my car for a new one. We did the paperwork and when I was asked to pay down payment I went to write a check and they told me they could not take a check and advised it has to be either cash or cashiers check but it was after 5pm so I told them I would come back the next day and get the vehicle and they told me to take the new one and to bring back the down payment the next day , they kept the paperwork and my car. Now the next day I didn't get a chance to go to the bank so I still have not paid them. I do plan on paying but what if any are the consequences for not paying yet?

quincy

I didn't pose my question. I went to the dealership to trade in my car for a new one. We did the paperwork and when I was asked to pay down payment I went to write a check and they told me they could not take a check and advised it has to be either cash or cashiers check but it was after 5pm so I told them I would come back the next day and get the vehicle and they told me to take the new one and to bring back the down payment the next day , they kept the paperwork and my car. Now the next day I didn't get a chance to go to the bank so I still have not paid them. I do plan on paying but what if any are the consequences for not paying yet?
There may be no consequences at all, if you go to the dealership tomorrow and pay.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You could possibly face criminal charges.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">