• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Heald College is no longer in businesses, students are left out.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Roman Karamalak

Why is there no compensation for Healds students. In every normal business when something gets wrong, people are compensated. I spent almost 2 years, was on my last quarter and now have to start all over again. Its not fair to treat us like that. I assume that nothing can be done, but how come we're not compensated? They gave us 2 options: Loan forgiveness means that we loose all our credits. If even one credit is transferred, then we have to pay the full amount. I went shopping around for colleges and they all transferred very minimal credits. Loan is not that of a big concern to me its the time that I want to be compensated for. Its not just me many students were on their last quarter, please help. Thank you.

quincy

Why is there no compensation for Healds students. In every normal business when something gets wrong, people are compensated. I spent almost 2 years, was on my last quarter and now have to start all over again. Its not fair to treat us like that. I assume that nothing can be done, but how come we're not compensated? They gave us 2 options: Loan forgiveness means that we loose all our credits. If even one credit is transferred, then we have to pay the full amount. I went shopping around for colleges and they all transferred very minimal credits. Loan is not that of a big concern to me its the time that I want to be compensated for. Its not just me many students were on their last quarter, please help. Thank you.
Here is a ink to the Office of the US Department of Education with information on what a student can do now that Heald has closed:

http://www.cci.edu/multimedia/closure/School-Closure-Heald-California.pdf

It is often the case that not all credits from a school like Heald will transfer to another college or university. That is something that needs to be considered carefully by all students prior to enrollment.

FlyingRon

Even if Heald continue to exist your chances of actually obtaining your degree were marginal and it's value is even less so. For profit educational institutions by and large exist for nothing other than bilking the the students and the US TAXPAYER out of financial aid.

single317dad

Even if Heald continue to exist your chances of actually obtaining your degree were marginal and it's value is even less so. For profit educational institutions by and large exist for nothing other than bilking the the students and the US TAXPAYER out of financial aid.
So, what are you saying about my Concord law degree? :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">