• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Health club scam?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

letstalk

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

Two years ago, I joined a health club for six months. There was an initiation fee, which I paid, and the remaining time, I paid by credit card (they took the money out each month). In May 2002, I cancelled it, and even went back once after that, when I was told, no surprise, that my card key showed my membership was expired. Since then I haven't heard anything from them, nor have I been billed for anything.

Yesterday, out of the blue, I received a notice from their collection agency saying I owed $250 and that it would go to attorneys if I didn't pay. I haven't been charged or even notified, since May 2002, know that in May 2002, the card key showed that my membership had expired, and now this.

I still have the card key on my key chain and am hoping that will reveal when I terminated my membership.

Will that be enough or is this going to turn stupid?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">