• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Healthcare company had poor records

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

musicman4561

What is the name of your state? Oregon

I was hospitalized in July of 2003. I got bills from doctors, labs, the hospital, you name it. When admitted, I gave my correct name, address and insurance information. My insurance covered it's portion of all these bills and I paid the rest. Last month, I was summond to small claims court by a collection agency. It seems that the doctor who admitted me worked for a clinic that sent the bills to the wrong insurance company as well as got MY address wrong. My insurance company won't cover a claim more than a year old. Should I be liable for more than the 20% I would have had to pay? Or am I still liable for all of it, plus all the tacked on legal fees the collection company wants to charge? All the other medical professionals got the records right. Why should I pay for this one's ineptness? Is there a statute of limitations involved? Or is there any "good faith" issue?
Thanks in advance...
Jim

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">