• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

heating/cooling unit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

singlemom47

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? pa i purchased a new heating/cooling unit about 5 years ago. it came with a warranty on the parts for 7 years and for labor for 1 year. the compressor on the unit broke after the labor warranty was expired by 4 months. i argued with the place i bought it from and they did not pursue collecting the bill. now the compressor on the unit broke again and the parts are still under warranty but they said they expect me to pay the bill from the labor the last time the unit broke. i just feel that being that it broke only 4 months after the labor warranty was up i should not have been charged. is this labor bill something i can fight?

BL

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? pa i purchased a new heating/cooling unit about 5 years ago. it came with a warranty on the parts for 7 years and for labor for 1 year. the compressor on the unit broke after the labor warranty was expired by 4 months. i argued with the place i bought it from and they did not pursue collecting the bill. now the compressor on the unit broke again and the parts are still under warranty but they said they expect me to pay the bill from the labor the last time the unit broke. i just feel that being that it broke only 4 months after the labor warranty was up i should not have been charged. is this labor bill something i can fight?
Did they actually bill you after 1 year for the labor the first time?

If not , I'd argue they did the labor in good faith or as a courtesy the first time.

If not and they won't budge , you can always file a complaint the the OAG .

Depending on the amount ,I'd be careful here.

Some Companies can be crooked and make up repairs and cost not needed and the consumer is no more the wiser.

Are they wanting you to pay labor again this time ?

If they are only asking for one payment for labor for twice broken , what's the problem ?

A contract with end dates is a contract.

OHRoadwarrior

The key to what you said, was they did not pursue collecting the bill. Now they are choosing to pursue it. Sorry bout yer luck.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Are there any bills you pay? You should have paid for labor the last time -- why? Because you owed the labor. The more threads you post, the more I think you are looking for a fast buck and want to win the lawsuit lottery from someone -- either a hospital, your ex husband, or a heating/cooling repair shop.

Do you work?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">