• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rugertess

What is the name of your state? illinois

about eight months ago i was waived a fee for terminating a contract early with a cell phone company. now the phone distributor company that i purchased the service through has charged a termination fee to my credit card. when asking them why they stated there was no proof that i returned the phones, which i did but have no paperwork to back up. also i signed a contract that stated there would be a fee if terminated before 121 days. the company keeps mentioning the fact that there is no proof of return, not what is stated in contract.

also i called one of their stores and an employee informed me that if phone company waives their charge the distributing companys contract is voided. the corp office claimes he is wrong but this seems to be what they are informing their customers.

do i have a chance to have these charges waived also?

M

mikkey5

Looks like you didn't cover you azzzz very well.

Chances are this will be a good lesson for you to learn.

Whenever you want to break a contract YOU have to have all the paperwork in order just incase something like this happens.

For example, if you sent the phones back by UPS, somone at the office would have had to sign for it.

If you had sent it by USPO, no one would have to sign for it , therefore no proof you sent it.

Same with waiving the fee...who did you talk to ? was it in writing anywhere?

As you see how EASY it is to squirm out of Verbal agreements???? Let this be a lesson to you in other areas, such as when you deal with your Landlord, or insurance company, or anything else.

R

rugertess

mikkey5 said:
Looks like you didn't cover you azzzz very well.

Chances are this will be a good lesson for you to learn.

Whenever you want to break a contract YOU have to have all the paperwork in order just incase something like this happens.

For example, if you sent the phones back by UPS, somone at the office would have had to sign for it.

If you had sent it by USPO, no one would have to sign for it , therefore no proof you sent it.

Same with waiving the fee...who did you talk to ? was it in writing anywhere?

As you see how EASY it is to squirm out of Verbal agreements???? Let this be a lesson to you in other areas, such as when you deal with your Landlord, or insurance company, or anything else.
the waived fee was with the phone company they represent, i have a statement showing a credit of fee amount

JETX

Ruger:
Actually you have something that might help you to resolve this. The FCBA (Fair Credit Billing Act) gives you the right to dispute a charge on your credit card. This is done by writing the card issuer and telling them that you did not authorize the charge and the details of why the charge should not be accepted. They will then 'charge-back' to the merchant. The merchant will then have to show that the charging to your account was proper. If they do that, the bill will be reinstated.

But at least it is something you can try.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">