• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kymmi36

I live in Sacramento, California. I recently purchased a vehicle from a dealership. I signed a hold check(s) and/or third party checkwriter agreement on April 8th 2001. It stated the on 4/8 I would pay $1000 and on 5/8 they would deposit a check for $500. They did not honor this agreement and deposited the $500 check on April 18th. This caused my account to become overdrawn and a total amount of $90 was charged by my bank for insufficient fund charges. Do I have any recourse?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

kymmi36 said:
I live in Sacramento, California. I recently purchased a vehicle from a dealership. I signed a hold check(s) and/or third party checkwriter agreement on April 8th 2001. It stated the on 4/8 I would pay $1000 and on 5/8 they would deposit a check for $500. They did not honor this agreement and deposited the $500 check on April 18th. This caused my account to become overdrawn and a total amount of $90 was charged by my bank for insufficient fund charges. Do I have any recourse?
My response:

Write them a Certified Return Receipt letter explaining the situation, and make sure you "Demand" a refund based upon their negligence. Give then ten days to reply in your favor. After that, file a claim in Small Claims court.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">