• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help with car cover lost when sent for repair

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mr-frodo

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

On 12/6/2002 I sent a car cover to CoverKing, in California, for repair. Included was a letter describing the problem, and my contact information and current address. My current address was also on the box and shipping labels. I sent the cover by UPS and it was received at CoverKing on 12/9/2002 at 9:36am, signed for by Anderson.

I later learned that the cover was shipped on 12/26 but to my old address from when I bought the cover in 2001.

A tracer was issued on the package to UPS, and a claim was finalized and a check issued to CoverKing on or about 2/27/2003.

I have tried since then to contact CoverKing without success, until, when I finally received a call from Ariel at CoverKing, ext. 628 on Monday of this week.

I was informed by him today, that they could not send me a new cover or refund my money, I would have to go to the vendor I purchased the cover from.

The only involvement the vendor had was to give me instructions and a repair number to send the cover to CoverKing for repair.

The cover was lost by CoverKing not by the vendor.

I have tried every avenue I could find to get this issue resolved, as the DCA wouldn't handle it, they sent me to the BBB. I filed a complaint with the BBB, and all they did was send CoverKing a letter and close the complaint.

I tried to file a claim in small claims court but their filing fee is $100 and the cover only cost about $300. Plus, I could not get an answer from your small claims court how to file since I am in NJ not california.

I spoke to Ariel again later today, and he offered a proposed resolution, of me buying another cover from them at a reduced cost, was made by their Company VP, Steve at ext 612.

This has been going on for almost 4 months now and I do not know where else to turn. A local attourney will not touch the case because there is not enough for them to justify their time. So I am turning to you as a last resort to hopefully assist in obtaining a resolution to this matter.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">