• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help, gift card scammer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ron reece

I bought $400 worth of gift cards from a person who was an employee at Chili's (Brinker's Corp.) in July 2012. I finally went to use them and they were deactivated. After speaking with customers service at Brinker's, I was informed their employee fradulently activated the cards and then sold them. I was told he scammed over $60K for of gift cards. Brinker's said they are pressing charges against the employee, and I should contact the detective in charge of the case (for possible restitution). I really don't want to waste my time with the police, and was wondering if Chili's (Brinker's) has any obligation to either re-activate and honor the gift cards, or refund my payment that was made to their employee. What's your take on this? Thanks, Ro

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
I bought $400 worth of gift cards from a person who was an employee at Chili's (Brinker's Corp.) in July 2012. I finally went to use them and they were deactivated. After speaking with customers service at Brinker's, I was informed their employee fradulently activated the cards and then sold them. I was told he scammed over $60K for of gift cards. Brinker's said they are pressing charges against the employee, and I should contact the detective in charge of the case (for possible restitution). I really don't want to waste my time with the police, and was wondering if Chili's (Brinker's) has any obligation to either re-activate and honor the gift cards, or refund my payment that was made to their employee. What's your take on this? Thanks, Ro
Short answer: No. :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">