• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help! Goods not delivered/Will not refund deposit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JanH

Please Advise. One 9/18 I ordered wood blinds for new home from company that left advertisments in my mail. I gave a 50% deposit of $735.00 (unfortunately by check). The blinds were to be delivered and installed within 2 weeks according to order form & salesperson. After 3 weeks I started calling the company/salesperson. Turns out the salesperson is the owner/sole proprietor. After leaving many messages over the course of 2 more weeks, he informed me he would refund my deposit mailing it the next day. Well, three weeks later, no refund check and he will not return my calls. His business address is a PO box, not acceptable in Small Claims, however I have his home address. I have also mailed him 2 letters (one certified return request not picked up) requesting refund of my money. It has been eight weeks since giving him my check and he refuses to call me and does not answer at his home number. I have filed complaints with BBB, Gov. Office Consumer Affairs and all local Consumer groups I can think of. I need my money back to pay for blinds ordered from reputable company! What can I do to get my money back and keep this crook from taking other people's money. I contacted the advertised manufacturer of the blinds and the Pres. of that company told me they had not done business with him in a year as he owed them money. Please advise if you can!!

R

Richard Allen

car transporter stole/lost exotic car

oregon..hired car transporter in tempe,az. to transport m-b car from az. to oregon....car was stolen while in there care.my car insurance co. will cover my cost of m-b car .but this is a one of a kind, dealer doubts if they can find another one, can i sue transporter? we have a contract with them to deliver my car?

D

DRUSS1964

have you checked with the local district attorneys office to see if this is fraud and maybe file charges ?

J

JudgeJudy

Fraud charges do nothing to get your cash back. That is a criminal proceeding. Even if restitution is ordered, it does not necessarily go to the agreived party.

Both of you are sentenced to two weeks Judge Judy viewing. As for the post in the middle....6 MONTHS of Judge MATHIS for you!!!(why reply to a problem with a problem of your own???)

W

waka

Be warned that even taking this person to Small Claims court will not guarantee your money back. I was in a similar situation involving a similar amount of money about two years ago in Oregon, where a former employer, who was also the sole employee of his own business, refused to pay wages. I sued him in Small Claims and won by default (he never replied to the summons), and was granted authorization to garnish his personal bank account. Turned out he had a whopping $13 in savings, so thats what I got. Including court fees, the ordeal cost me about $130 over the money that he owed me.

Sorry I can't offer some positive advice. Just thought I'd let you know about my encounter with a similar situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">