• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help with hot headed lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Joshya

SOUTH CAROLINA What is the name of your state?I'm in South Carolina and sold an item to a lawyer in WV who says it has a defect. I asked the buyer to return the item so I can inspect it and if does have a defect and has not been damaged by him I told him I would either replace it and pay shipping both ways or refund him 100%. He refuses to return the item unless I pay shipping and wants me to send a replacement without seeing the item in question. He threatened several times to sue me if I don't go by his terms. Can he sue me and win? Can he be reported for abusing his profession? Sounds like extortion to me, but I'm no lawyer and that's why I'm here.

Thanks,

Josh

HomeGuru

Joshya said:
SOUTH CAROLINA What is the name of your state?I'm in South Carolina and sold an item to a lawyer in WV who says it has a defect. I asked the buyer to return the item so I can inspect it and if does have a defect and has not been damaged by him I told him I would either replace it and pay shipping both ways or refund him 100%. He refuses to return the item unless I pay shipping and wants me to send a replacement without seeing the item in question. He threatened several times to sue me if I don't go by his terms. Can he sue me and win? Can he be reported for abusing his profession? Sounds like extortion to me, but I'm no lawyer and that's why I'm here.

Thanks,

Josh
**A: sounds just like a lawyer to me. Have him take a photo and email it. Do you trust him to leave the photo intact?

Can't you see he tried to shoot himself since he has been a disgrace to the profession, and the firing pin jammed. So, please send him a new gun no questions asked.

Last edited:

Joshya

South Carolina Actually he offered to send a picture, but after his tantrum and threats I don't feel I can trust him. The reason I need for him to return is is so I can verify it will be covered under warranty. It is possible that he damaged it trying to install. I've never had a problem with this policy in the past. Ebay and Paypal say I am doing nothing wrong, but I don't want a lawsuit outside Ebay. I feel I've been more then reasonable about reimbursing shipping and replacing or refunding for the item. For all I know he could take pics of another item. He's obviously trying to scare me into sending him a replacement and paying shipping. Bottom line is he's being a jerk. The item was $155. Hardly worth sueing someone out of state over in my book, but I guess he has lots of free time.

Joshya

Can't you see he tried to shoot himself since he has been a disgrace to the profession, and the firing pin jammed. So, please send him a new gun no questions asked.[/QUOTE]

I can't afford to or I would.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">