• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help!! I'm being preyed on by a salon owner!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lilley76

What is the name of your state? Florida
My ex employer is threatening to take me to court over a non compete contract. I started working at a new salon that IS outside the 5 mile radius stated in the contract. My new employer sent mailers to clients announcing me in her salon; the contract says I cannot contact my clients, which I cannot. My ex sent a letter to my current salon stating that I had illegally removed confidential information from my ex salon, illegally solicited to clients of the ex salon and am working w/in the 5 mile radius. (Is this radius measured by highway routes, circular radius, shortcuts?) The ex stated to me that I must "relocate my business w/in 30 days" or face legal action. This contract, which I told my ex I do not recall signing, was missing in action during my 1 1/2 year employment, but a copy was mailed to me a few weeks after I left the salon. The copy shows my signature almost too light and broken up to be readable and I don't believe it's legit. How much can this woman really do to prevent me from continuing my career? A 5 mile radius covers a large number of salons in my small town. If my ex believed I was breaching a contract shouldn't she have stated this before I worked at my new salon for almost 6 months? I believe this action is also meant to hurt my new salon which is owned by another ex employee of hers. What can I do to protect myself?

R

Rowbear

Life is not that tough that you need to fight over customers. There are plenty for everyone and it's all a matter of good marketing. If your ex threatens just threaten back. You've got big plans for a world class salon and if the ex knows what's good, they better join up. So what if the ex wants to take you to court, let them come and get you. By the time they get around to doing it in court, if they even will bother, you’ll be so big you'll be untouchable. Just keep working hard and everything will turn out good. You need this challenge to become not just good but great!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">