• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help with ring purchase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wornout1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York.

Hi, wonder if anyone can help.

My daughter bought a ring yesterday in a very well known jewellers in New York. She is on a trip from England and bought this as her 21st birthday present from us.

It has made her finger go green which indicates it is a very poor quality silver which is not what I would expect for a ring that cost over 150 dollars and from that particular shop.

Can she return it for a full refund?

In England she could but I don't know about New York.

Any quick help would be appreciated as she is leaving some time tonight.

Thank you.

Last edited:

You Are Guilty

My daughter bought a ring yesterday in a very well known jewellers in New York. She is on a trip from England and bought this as her 21st birthday present from us.

It has made her finger go green which indicates it is a very poor quality silver which is not what I would expect for a ring that cost over 150 dollars and from that particular shop.

Thank you.
It depends entirely on what the store's refund/return policy is. A copy of it is supposed to be posted in the store, and additional copies MAY be on the receipt and/or internet if you need to look it up.

HomeGuru

Thank you.

**A: for $150 I would expect low quality silver.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">