• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help with strategy to get refund?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GbPnOy2587

State: Hawaii

So I've been talked out of attending PSI Seminars (http://www.psiseminars.com) due to some quick research on Google. (Go to Google, type in "PSI Seminars", then scroll past the obvious paid sites that praise the company--down to all the angry, scammed customers voicing their opinions).

So after a little bit of driving around, and reading of forums, I discovered that it is extremely difficult to get a refund from this company. Most people never got a refund, and a very small amount of people got their money back after weeks of harassing calls or some stroke of luck (or maybe, through some knowledge that be kindly granted to me through the helpful community here :)).

Here is the Refund Policy that I initialed (I don't have the actual paper, PSI Seminars must have it on file somewhere.):
Tuition is non-refundable unless in accordance with the following listed conditions:

I understand that my tuition is refundable, less a $50 processing fee, only if a request is made in writing no later than 48 hours after completion of the Basic Seminar for those attending all consecutive sessions. However, all monies held may be transferred to other PSI Seminars programs and/or products, and may be applied to the cost(s) at such time. All monies held must be utilized within 12 months from the date of the seminar to which the enrollment applies or it is forfeited. If I choose to transfer to another seminar date, I understand that there will be a $100 transfer fee assessed to the current tuition amount. All transfers requests must be in writing and have Main Office approval.

STATE OF HAWAII - There is a $50 or 20%, whichever is less, non-refundable fee if cancellation occurs prior to the start of the seminar.
Quote taken from this PDF: http://www.creativejunctionstudios.com/PSI/basic_card[1].pdf

If it also helps, the stationary that I receive from PSI Seminars has this on its footnote:
High Valley Ranch - 11650 High Valley Road - Clearlake Oaks, CA 95423
So I bought this "PSI Basic Seminar", and reside, in the state of Hawaii. I've somehow managed to push my scheduled Seminar (with no transfer fee) to sometime in early March 2010 (a.k.a. SOON! I want that to be the last time I reschedule!) The receipt of my debit-card payment had an address which turned out to be a P.O. Box in Hawaii. It seems the main office is in California.

If there is any other info that you were looking for, just request and I'll see what I can post!

Any help in getting back some of my money back (which I payed around September 2009) WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED! THANKS IN ADVANCE :D!

Last edited:

QSTERLING

what a tangled web we weave.. i'm not sure if the company anticipates this type of confusion happening or if you were naive in checking and double-checking all aspects of the seminar. i'm thinking that the location verification would be one of the first thing to do - in your case. it looks as though even if you wanted a refund it's after you've attended the basic seminar, and then you can transfer the funds to another class . this is messy. not sure how much you paid but i hope it was not alot. If this is a reputable company you should get your $ back seeing as you live in HI.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">