• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help with Wage Garnishments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KKHeuser

What is the name of your state? Ohio

Does anyone know what the laws are regarding wage garnishments and such? A friend of mine is afraid of losing her job over a car that was repossessed over 5 years ago. They've threatened her with wage garnishment and so on. Forgive me if I've used the inappropriate term. Anyway, she's really freaking out because she never heard a word from them since the car was auctioned off and now she's getting threatening letters. Any help is appreciated.

racer72

In order to garnish wages, the debtor will have to be sued and a judgment granted to the creditor. With an SOL in Ohio of 15 years, she may want to work out a deal to pay the debt before being sued.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">