• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Holiday cottage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Deanandmandy

I live in UK and had booked a holiday cottage. We drove over 3 hours to get to it. When we got there the previous occupants hadn't left. We spoke to owners who offered us a bunkhouse as an alternative, which wasn't appropriate for children so we had no choice but to come home. Where do we stand legally? I think we should get compensation as we had booked various activities that we couldn't do, plus lost our holiday and a full tank of diesel. Is it worth pursuing? Thanks.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
I live in UK and had booked a holiday cottage. We drove over 3 hours to get to it. When we got there the previous occupants hadn't left. We spoke to owners who offered us a bunkhouse as an alternative, which wasn't appropriate for children so we had no choice but to come home. Where do we stand legally? I think we should get compensation as we had booked various activities that we couldn't do, plus lost our holiday and a full tank of diesel. Is it worth pursuing? Thanks.
This site only handles US law questions. :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">