• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Home appliance lemon

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nomad55

I purchased a wolf range (floor model)june 6th, called for service for an oven ready light, it took one week for that appt., the next day after service the manuf. called, told me there had been a recall on the range and "not" to use the oven until the new ignitor kit was intalled it could explode, 14 days later and several calls it was installed, I am now awaiting my fourth service call for yet another thing not operating correctly. I have requested to wolf that I was not happy with the product and would like a refund. He informed me he wouldn't do that or even exchange the range. I am so enraged that I can't use my mercedes of a range to it's fullest ability. Is there any way I can get them to take this lemon back or am I stuck with this one?

E

Elliotg

Do you have written documentation to prove your dissatisfaction with the range, and the company's knowledge of the problem(s)? If you haven't done so already, you should also contact the retailer. They would also be on the hook. All your complaints should be in writing. Send the letters by certified return receipt.

You should schedule a formal consultation with a lawyer. In cases such as this, assuming you prevail, the manufacturer will likely be forced to pay your attorney's fee. Prior to filing suit, have an attorney write demand letters to the manufacturer and retailer.

A good means of obtaining an attorney referral is by contacting your State's bar association or your local county bar association. They probably have a web site and charge a nominal fee for the referral. Most attorneys either provide a free initial consultation, or charge a nominal fee. I would be happy to meet with you.

Good Luck, Elliot Jay Goldstein (Attorney with offices in Tampa and St. Petersburg)

The above information is provided as a courtesy, without any consideration and without knowledge of the specific facts. Do not rely on this information. Seek a formal consultation with an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">