• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Home Heating shut off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

G Fry

I had $738.00 worth of Propane gas put in my tank for home heating on December, 24,
2000, I paid $250.00 in January and paid $200.00 in February, then they came to my
house and turned off my gas. I paid 61% of my bill,how can they turn off my heat,and by
them cashing my checks doesn’t that mean that they will accept a payment plan? And can
they turn off my heat in the middle of winter? I live in Michigan Thanks

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

G Fry said:
I had $738.00 worth of Propane gas put in my tank for home heating on December, 24,
2000, I paid $250.00 in January and paid $200.00 in February, then they came to my
house and turned off my gas. I paid 61% of my bill,how can they turn off my heat,and by
them cashing my checks doesn’t that mean that they will accept a payment plan? And can
they turn off my heat in the middle of winter? I live in Michigan Thanks
My response:

Since they didn't agree to allow you to have their propane for 61% of their total bill, they have every right to shut you down. Cashing your checks is not an agreement to "a payment plan". They want their money - - on their terms, an on the terms you agreed to.

Pay it.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">