• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Home improvement fulfillment of contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Anjo

What is the name of your state? TN

OK, had a local"licensed, bonded & insured" contractor run new plumbing in my new home. I paid in full after the work was done, however I stated in the contract I needed receipts & an itemized list upon completion of work.

I have contacted her several times, promises but no receipts. I am believing I was way overcharged if she can't produce the receipts.

I called the board in Memphis & they said my county doesn't require licensing however this individual 's had expired in Oct 2002!

I will of course send a certified letter with my final request here shortly (work completed 6 weeks ago), but would I have any legal recourse if she fails to send the receipts? I hate to think what would happen if the plumbing fails (so far so good).

This is my first experience with a contractor & I know I did numerous things wrong, but lesson learned. What should I ask for in my next contractor (got a fixer upper house, needs lots of work before winter)?

Thank you for any advice!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">