• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Home Inspection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bidingtime

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I had my home in SC inspected last year before buying it. I just had an HVAC professional come for a heating unit tuneup. I was informed they could not perform the tuneup because the furnace is not accessable and in fact is not up to code. They also wondered how it passed inspection and told me this is how people die from carbon monoxide poisoning or fires. I then contacted the inspector who told me he didn't have a responsibility to tell me the furnace wasn't up to code as it was when it was originally placed in the home over 20 years ago. I want to take him to court because he is in my opinion a menace to society. I read that he does have a responsibility to tell me the furnace is inaccessable. I looked at the inspection again and he only mentions my ducts not being insulated and that the air conditioner wasn't working properly. Well the air conditioner has been serviced an does work, but that has nothing to do with my furnace, which has never been serviced , and is rotted out.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">