• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Home Security Alarm Contract breach.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

khurram

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? It is Texas

The actual language in the contract says: The original term of the contract is three (3) years, and will automatically continues for successive one (1) year periods unless cancelled by either of us in writing at least 30 days prior to the end of the original term or any renewal term.

I signed on the contract on March 09, 2000 and cancelled it in writing on June 30th, 2004 sighting bad/no service being provided. I called the customer service several times in the past six months complaining about the bad monitoring service and it seemed that if my house was not being monitored at all and finally on June 20th I entered my house and punched in fake password alarm went off but I received no phone call at all confirming the fact that I am not getting the service at all so finally I wrote a letter and gave them the exact date and time I performed the test and their failure to provide any response and told the comapny that I do not want to pay you montly fee any more and do not want to continue service.

15 Days later I received a Bill for $500 from the company for the breach of contract fee.

One thing that may be significant is that when I signed a contract in year 2000 then it was a different company (US ALARM Systems, INc. and that is what is listed on the contract paper) and their service was really good and they used to call back promptly in the event the alarm to go off. However US ALARM System INC got bought by ASG Security early last year their service is really poor. I wonder if the contract holds good with the new company also.
I plan on complaining to the Better Business Bureau, or what you suggest my options may be?

BelizeBreeze

The only relevant parts of your post are the following:

You signed the original contract on march 9, 2000 for three years.

The original contract turned-over to a yearly contract on March 10, 2003.

There is/was a 30-day cancellation clause.

On june 30, 2004 you cancelled the current contract with a 30-day notice.

therefore, your contract is due to expire on March 9, 2005.

T

thirteenthst

Security Company obligations

Virginia
Read through your contract and determine what the obligations of the company are; my security alarm contract is very one-sided. However, they are required to make a telephone call upon receiving a signal from my system. If they did not do so, whether to the police or to your home, they are not fulfilling their obligations. Ask for a copy of the log for the day you ran the test, to determine what action was taken. If you take them to court, make sure you have that log, or a copy of the letter asking them for it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">