• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Home Security Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pixiepoe

What is the name of your state? Texas :confused:

We signed a 3 year service contract for a home alarm monitoring service in Texas. We have since moved from that state and new homeowners have moved in. Is there anyway to cancel the contract (we have 1 year left). If not is there a way we can be guarenteed that we will not be held responsible for any false alarms the new residents cause? I am also getting conflicting statements from this company as to whether the new home owners are also being charged for the same system. Finally, the company is being very reluctant in sending me a formal declaration that they will cancel the contract in Oct. 2004. They say they will send the notice next Oct. when the contract is up. The problem is that this contract automatically renews anually, so if next Oct. they say they didn't receive my notice, I'll be stuck for another year.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">