• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Home security monitoring contrace

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tschnell

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC
I have a question regarding my contract with CPI home security monitoring system. I signed a contract with them for five years to monitor my security system. I was relocated with my job to FL and purchased a new home. CPI does not offer service in FL, so I cannot transfer my service, but they say I am still obligated under the contract. I have been told by other home security companies that if the monitoring company does not offer their service in your new location, then you can get out of the contract. I am trying to verify if this is true so I can go back to CPI and terminate the contract i have been paying for eight months after moving.
Thanks for your help.

CraigFL

You would have to look at the contract you signed. Maybe some companies will allow you to cancel a contract if you move. If yours doesn't, it just needs to be considered a cost of moving.

Have you tried talking to them?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">