• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Honda did not honor extended warranty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xboxhaxorz

Vienna Virginia

I have taken my 97 del sol to the tysons honda dealer whenever i had a cel because it has the emissions extended warranty, i deal with a service advisor by the name of Pete who always took care of me.

Back in 12/09 i brought the car in because i was having starting problems and apparently Pete had left this dealership and i was dealing with Terry instead, i dropped the car off and before leaving i said i believe the problem was warranty related.

I received a call later, they stated it was the idle air control valve which would be around $600 and was NOT covered under the warranty, again i asked if they were sure and they said yes it was not. I paid the service fee and left.

I had the repair done from a mechanic i knew and used a used part. Just recently i was speaking with the arlington dealer and they told me it in fact was covered. I verified this by looking at a pdf service bulletin and it is in fact covered. To double check the dealer took my vin and verified specifically that the IACV is under warranty for my car.

I called the tysons dealer that charged me and spoke to the service manager. He agreed it should covered and was going to refund the service fee but would not compensate me for the repairs and parts i purchased.

Now i was hoping there would be some legal actions i could take, as well i am not sure but would hope the local news would be interested in something such as this.

Bare with me if i seem overzealous, but basically that dealer should pay for not honoring my warranty and making me pay out of pocket as well other customers should know about this dealer in particular that they try to scam you out of your warranty and make you pay out of pocket. I would appreciate finding our the proper course of action to take.

As far as documentation goes, i have the receipt which mentions i need the iacv and the charge. I will have the refund on my amex from the dealer, as well as the service bulletin in pdf format. I do not have the receipts for the junk yard part and repair as it was done by a personal mechanic.

Too make things worse, the arlington dealer said they could not replace the IACV with a new part since the code is no longer there.

This is the link to the settlement link http://www.epa.gov/compliance/resources/cases/civil/caa/amerhonda.html

Do i have any options or courses of action i can take?

Last edited:

jennbry

Check with your county courthouse, they should be able to give you all the information (forms, cost, etc) you need to file.

You should not need a lawyer, but you may want to send the dealership a certified letter asking them one more time to refund the full amount paid by you. And of course keep a copy for your records.

If you win the case, you should be able to request they pay your costs associated with the suit (filing fee etc.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">