• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Honda Liability and Warranty Breach Issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JWahlgren

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WA state

Car: Honda Fit 2015
Purchased: February 2015

Issues: Both left side tires have had issues with inflation and I have replaced the back tire. While attempting to put on the spare as to not drive on a deflated tire on our front driver side the jack Honda issued us gave out and the axle smashed against the ground. We contacted the Honda Roadside assistance to have it towed to the nearest dealership for damage assessment insurance purposes. Upon arrival of the tow truck they expected us to sign a damage liability waiver. We refused to sign because of the perceived legal grey areas involved in damage between transportation to the dealership and the time it smacked against the ground. When we informed Honda they told us they could not help us unless we signed the waiver. My question is, because of our special circumstance, should we have signed the liability waiver and if we shouldn't have is Honda in breach of their warranty guarantees?

I would very much like Honda, because of their faulty equipment, pay our 500 dollar deductible for the damage that was most likely incurred to the axle of the car.

justalayman

While attempting to put on the spare as to not drive on a deflated tire on our front driver side the jack Honda issued us gave out
can you describe how the jack "gave out" that resulted in not the axle but more likely the brake rotor and possibly the lower control arm striking the ground? If the axle hit the ground there were already a bunch of pieces missing from the vehicle.

Both left side tires have had issues with inflation and I have replaced the back tire.
this is aside from the legal issues but:

maybe a dumb question but has somebody put the inflated wheel into a big tank of water to determine where the leak is? It is not entirely unheard of for an aluminum rim to have a tiny hole in the casting causing a slow leak. If you have had continual problems and not found a cause I would dunk the wheel and look for air bubbles.

Upon arrival of the tow truck they expected us to sign a damage liability waiver
who asked you to sign the waiver and what was their reasoning for it?

I would very much like Honda, because of their faulty equipment, pay our 500 dollar deductible for the damage that was most likely incurred to the axle of the car.
and I would like the goose that laid the golden egg to come and lay an egg on my doorstep each morning. While I have no chance of mine happening, depending on a lot of things not said here yet, you might actually have a shot at yours. You would have to prove the equipment was in fact faulty. They could be a very expensive proposition such that it would not be worth to shoot for the $500 so, what happened with the jack?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">