• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hoodwinked

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

Edith Warren

What is the name of your state? NJ

i had work done on recementing a basement wall and grading the outside with dirt. I was satisfied. The worker told me he could panel the basement walls also for $300.00 and so I bought the panelling with him. He wanted the money before he began. He was working an entire day, panelling, and still had a small portion left. Told me he would return and finish. Well, He never returned and the panelling is all buckled. He also cut a telephone wire and that is still not repaired. When I call him he is very annoyed and tells me that when he has time he will return but he has a lot of outside work to do first. Also told me that it will cost me another days wages ($300.00) to finish the job! We are two senior citizens, I am a caregiver to my sick husband and eventually will sell the house but can't if the walls are buckled. What should I do. He did the basement work beginning June, finished in a day and never compleated the job. Please advise, Edith Warren

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">