• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Horse boarding dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jclav1

I have been boarding my horse at a stable with the understanding I would work off most of the cost. We are in disagreement on how much I owe. They are saying I can not take my horse and trailer until I pay. Do I have the right to go get them? We never put anything in writing.

quincy

I have been boarding my horse at a stable with the understanding I would work off most of the cost. We are in disagreement on how much I owe. They are saying I can not take my horse and trailer until I pay. Do I have the right to go get them? We never put anything in writing.
What is the name of your state?

Not having agreements in writing is generally a big mistake. In court, it becomes a matter of one man's word against the words of another - and whoever has the most convincing words wins.

RRevak

What was your exact agreement? Why are they saying you owe? How far behind in board are you? What state are you in?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">