• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

horse poop stinking up entire neighborhood

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chokinginny

What is the name of your state? NY

I know my post doesn't go here, but I don't know where else to put it and am in need of help!!!!

I live just outside the town limits and some people built a house that sits on a small hill out behind my house. They recently put in a horse pasture... about 20 feet from my back yard. The horses stink and all you can smell is their poop day and night.. sometimes it's so thick in the air I can taste it!!!!!!! We have to keep our window's closed at all times which is a pain too!! Is there any kind of law stating they have to clean up after their horses?? Anyone know where I might get an answer to this question??

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

H

hexeliebe

Are you kidding? This smell is like manna from heaven to me.:D

If you live in the county (outside of the city limits) then you will have to go to your county zoning board and see if there are regulations.

I doubt that there will be however. This is a private property issue and they have just as much right to their horses as you do.

Have you even spoken with the neighbors about the issue. Most horse people are understanding and will try to work something out with you.

Otherwise, learn to love the smell.

Souix

chokinginny said:
What is the name of your state? NY

I know my post doesn't go here, but I don't know where else to put it and am in need of help!!!!

I live just outside the town limits and some people built a house that sits on a small hill out behind my house. They recently put in a horse pasture... about 20 feet from my back yard. The horses stink and all you can smell is their poop day and night.. sometimes it's so thick in the air I can taste it!!!!!!! We have to keep our window's closed at all times which is a pain too!! Is there any kind of law stating they have to clean up after their horses?? Anyone know where I might get an answer to this question??

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**What does your county say? Personally I love the smell of horse manure, but thats just me. You'll probably get a better answer from your county health official than you will in this forum and the county is better able to enforce the situation too, in case these people are not allowed to have horses there**

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">