• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hotel bedbugs- over 20 bites

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DBecerra

State of hotel location: Nevada

I stayed at a Las Vegas hotel for a conference this past week beginning Sunday. Monday morning I had what appeared to be a mosquito bite, which I ignored. The next morning I had more bites and by Wednesday night I noticed a cluster of bites on my back to go with the various other bites on my arms and torso. I planned to talk to management the next morning. Thursday morning I found a bedbug on the wall next to my headboard. I called management and they sent security for a report and photos. I also gave them the bedbug I found- I drowned it in a cup of water. They switched me in to another room at around noon for my last night and I found out they actually put someone into the room within 7 hours, if not sooner. The hotel confirmed this and say he has been switched out of the room and the room is blocked due to bugs. They have not offered a refund for the room or any further compensation. I asked why this has not not been offered and they say that risk management has to review the report they will get in touch next week. What are my options if they do or don't call? I was told I will probably get the "bedbug letter". Should I legally push for more? I have over 20 bug bites and the hotel manager admitted fault in putting someone in so quickly after me, thus me questioning if they did the same when they checked me into the room.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">