• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hotel Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

frustratedgroom

Maryland - My Fiancee and I signed a contract for a special rate for a block of hotel rooms for our upcoming wedding. Said hotel was sold to a new chain. No on contacted us, we found out because we drove by and saw the new sign. Are they at any obligation to uphold our contract? Our guests haven't been able to book rooms and the staff plays dumb when we try to get information about it. The person we signed the contract with did not remain with the new company. Is there anything we can do or do we just need to find a new hotel?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Maryland - My Fiancee and I signed a contract for a special rate for a block of hotel rooms for our upcoming wedding. Said hotel was sold to a new chain. No on contacted us, we found out because we drove by and saw the new sign. Are they at any obligation to uphold our contract? Our guests haven't been able to book rooms and the staff plays dumb when we try to get information about it. The person we signed the contract with did not remain with the new company. Is there anything we can do or do we just need to find a new hotel?
When you went in and talked to hotel management and showed them a copy of the contract, what did they say?

justalayman

Ya just gotta love it.

they saw sign with a different name on it (and apparently kept driving on by)
they somehow determined the person they dealt with regarding their contract no longer works at that hotel
their guests have been rebuffed when attempting to book rooms
they have even spoken to a general staff member

seriously dude, start with calling the manager or owner of the hotel.

hell, give me the phone number. I'll call 'em and ask about it. Geez.

quincy

In addition to Zigner's most important question, did you have to put down a deposit to reserve the block of hotel rooms?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">