• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hotel highway robbery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

leelalee

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

I booked 4 rooms for a bachelorette party for tomorrow (Friday) and Saturday and booked extra just in case we needed them. When booking we were told verbally over the phone that as long as we called by Wednesday we could cancel the extra rooms if we didn't want them. I called on Wednesday, and they would let me cancel 2 rooms but are making me pay for them!!!!! They stated when I called their policy is 72hr cancellation notice.

I am pissed bc now I only need 2 rooms but am stuck with 4 bc if I cancel them and still have to pay for them I might as well keep all 4!

Can I legally cancel my credit card bc the hotel has not yet charged it and find another hotel in the area to stay at instead?????

Or can this hotel come back and sue me???

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

I booked 4 rooms for a bachelorette party for tomorrow (Friday) and Saturday and booked extra just in case we needed them. When booking we were told verbally over the phone that as long as we called by Wednesday we could cancel the extra rooms if we didn't want them. I called on Wednesday, and they would let me cancel 2 rooms but are making me pay for them!!!!! They stated when I called their policy is 72hr cancellation notice.

I am pissed bc now I only need 2 rooms but am stuck with 4 bc if I cancel them and still have to pay for them I might as well keep all 4!

Can I legally cancel my credit card bc the hotel has not yet charged it and find another hotel in the area to stay at instead?????

Or can this hotel come back and sue me???
Did you book 'em online? Over the phone?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">