• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hotel reservation issues due no response from hotel side.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zalim

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? HI

1/09 I've made reservation by phone (provided credit card info) for accommodation in Hawaii for 01/14 - 01/21 and was told I will get conformation in the moment.
1/10 I still didn't get conformation and my credit card wasn't charge so I start wondering because flight is in 4 days and there still no clear picture about place to stay. Moreover, there is no a lot of choice left for that short period of time before flight. And during high season prices are going up as well. Because there no conformation came to my email yet and my credit card wasn't charge I called to hotel 3 times to make sure there is no problem (with frame between calls). Phone was never picked up and no one called back. I wrote email that I didn't get conformation for my reservation.
1/10 Again, as there no so much time left before flight as I was not able to reach first place at all, I was looking for different accommodation. Luckily I found different place and made reservation there.
1/13 11:38 PM (please note my flight in 6 hours to Hawaii where is high tourist season now) I've got my confirmation from first place. In the conformation there are note that card was charged on 1/10. ( I've checked my online banking and there was pending transaction). I respond them as soon as I checked my email (12:38 AM 1/14); "As I wasn't able to reach you about conformation after several calls and got no responses on email I sent you, I wasn't sure that I have place to stay and had to look for different place. Please refund me full amount to my credit card as mistake wasn't on my side."
Also, as soon I find out pending transaction I contacted to bank representative and explained situation that I was not able to reach them. Representative adviced me that it only pending transaction and there no charge yet.
1/18 Transaction was posted to my account. I still had no responses to email I sent earlier.
1/18 I open dispute transaction with bank.
3/6 I've got call from bank that contains; merchant told you at time of reservation that they are going to charge full amount. As they had "no show" they wasn't able to receive income for the accommodation I booked and merchant will refund only partially payment. I told that I'm not agree with this statement and not giving authorization to charge my credit card.
3/7 Transaction was posted again in full to my credit card account.

What should I do and am I wrong somehow? I wasn't planning to not stay in this place at all and only reason that I didn't know if I had place to sleep upon arrival.

Please advice

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? HI

1/09 I've made reservation by phone (provided credit card info) for accommodation in Hawaii for 01/14 - 01/21 and was told I will get conformation in the moment.
1/10 I still didn't get conformation and my credit card wasn't charge so I start wondering because flight is in 4 days and there still no clear picture about place to stay. Moreover, there is no a lot of choice left for that short period of time before flight. And during high season prices are going up as well. Because there no conformation came to my email yet and my credit card wasn't charge I called to hotel 3 times to make sure there is no problem (with frame between calls). Phone was never picked up and no one called back. I wrote email that I didn't get conformation for my reservation.
1/10 Again, as there no so much time left before flight as I was not able to reach first place at all, I was looking for different accommodation. Luckily I found different place and made reservation there.
1/13 11:38 PM (please note my flight in 6 hours to Hawaii where is high tourist season now) I've got my confirmation from first place. In the conformation there are note that card was charged on 1/10. ( I've checked my online banking and there was pending transaction). I respond them as soon as I checked my email (12:38 AM 1/14); "As I wasn't able to reach you about conformation after several calls and got no responses on email I sent you, I wasn't sure that I have place to stay and had to look for different place. Please refund me full amount to my credit card as mistake wasn't on my side."
Also, as soon I find out pending transaction I contacted to bank representative and explained situation that I was not able to reach them. Representative adviced me that it only pending transaction and there no charge yet.
1/18 Transaction was posted to my account. I still had no responses to email I sent earlier.
1/18 I open dispute transaction with bank.
3/6 I've got call from bank that contains; merchant told you at time of reservation that they are going to charge full amount. As they had "no show" they wasn't able to receive income for the accommodation I booked and merchant will refund only partially payment. I told that I'm not agree with this statement and not giving authorization to charge my credit card.
3/7 Transaction was posted again in full to my credit card account.

What should I do and am I wrong somehow? I wasn't planning to not stay in this place at all and only reason that I didn't know if I had place to sleep upon arrival.

Please advice
On what site did you place the reservations? What does the site's terms and conditions say about refunds?

zalim

I've got phone number from their own website. There is no term and condition on there website.

OHRoadwarrior

Your problem is you confirmed with the credit card company the charge was valid. Had you indicated the charge was unauthorized, such as I called, could not get ahold of them, so booked elsewhere and advised them to cancel the reservation, before the 24 cancellation period, you would have been given the benefit of the doubt. You did not do so and acknowledge that.

HomeGuru

Why did you wait and wait for them to email you back? Why did you not call them and keep calling until you got the issue resolved on 1/10/13?

zalim

Well, how should I advised them to cancel the reservation, before the 24 cancellation period, if I'm not able to reach them at all?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">