• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hotel stay cut short

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Covi

My name is Covi - Colorado

Recently I shared at a hotel stay with a person on a visit to Washington DC.

I was to pay for two days in one hotel for both of us and she was to cover 1 day via her points and pay for the last day at a different hotel.

We moved to another hotel and I was to stay one night and she would stay a week.

The person and I had a disagreement and she said I could not stay at the hotel and that I had to leave.

I requested that if she wanted me to leave, she pay for a room at the same hotel. She said that was crazy and I needed to leave in 5 minutes since I was not a guest in the room, I took that to mean that she would have me ejected.

So I left in the evening 8PM, no transportation, no place to go in a town I know very little of.

I was able to locate a room for the evening and able to relax a bit.

Had I thought that something like this would occur I would have not gone on the trip.

Do I have any recourse?

Thank YouWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

justalayman

well, without considering why she demanded you leave (that might change any rights you have), if she agreed to pay for a room and she did not, you would be due what it cost you to obtain a room for the night (a similar style of room anyway)

small claims court is the place to go.

Covi

Justalayman Thank You for the reply...

In my opinion she was not happy because I chosen to cancel out of a planned event and she was really not happy trust me :)

Nothing more than that.

I thought small claims court would be my direction.

Thanks again.

swalsh411

So you decided you didn't want to have sex with her after all and she kicked you out of the room. This is what can happen when you meet people over the internet to go on trips like this. I hope you enjoyed DC though!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">